A Bit of Earth By Lynne Moncrieff

11:00

Hello


Today I am sharing a project with Character Constructions stamps.

This is from one of Catherine Moore's earlier collections but her stamps are truly timeless.
I selected this set because I knew it would work with my eco dyed papers. The text stamps "Might I have a bit of earth" captivates me, such a small stamp but I feel it has so much to say.

If you do not Eco Dye, don't let that prevent you from creating a similar style of project. You could substitute with sprays or for the earthy tones I worked with, I would suggest Infusions.

Supplies
That's Crafty! Surfaces MDF Round 4"
Character Constructions Clear Stamp Set Inner Child No. 9
Archival Ink Designer Series Potting Soil 
Distress Crayon Walnut Stain
That's Crafty! Multi-Surface Craft Adhesive
Extras:
Rice Paper - Eco Dyed
Textiles - Eco Dyed
Vintage Wooden Clothes Peg - Eco Stained
Vintage Crochet Lace - Eco Stained
Vintage Button
Brown Thread

Instructions

Adhere eco dyed rice paper to MDF 4" Round then repeatedly stamp "Might I have a bit of earth?" with Potting Soil ink. Scribble Distress Crayon onto this panel, blending with baby wipe or brush dipped into water, do not saturate. Swipe edges of Round with ink pad.


Onto another piece of eco dyed rice paper, stamp larger image from the set. Stamp again, a few times. Tear small elements and layer to the main image. Adhere this to the MDF Round.

Ink up the text stamp, stamping repeatedly onto the clothes peg. You can go two ways with this, perfectly stamping the text once onto the peg or the way I prefer, repeatedly stamping and not caring that words overlap, I like the earthy essence this brings overall.


Before adding all the wee bits of this 'n' that, gather lengths of eco dyed textiles, I worked with three pieces.  Slip through the clothes peg at the upper edge. Adhere the MDF Round, trapping a piece of dyed jute and another piece of dyed calico.

Until next time,

Wishes
Lynne

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. A really beautiful eco creation Lynne. The dyed papers suit the theme so well and love the whole design.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous! Love everything about this piece of art❣

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Lynne, I love the Earthy tones xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many intricate layers within this Lynne and I adore that stamped dolly peg. There is something satisfying about stamping words onto bare wood it always looks so pleasing. beautiful creation.
    Creative wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo beautiful Lynne and I always love looking at all your wonderful textures and layers
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly, truly beautiful! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanking each and every one of you for your supportive words - your words of encouragement mean so much to me xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook