Your Brave Wings by Dorthe Hansen

11:00


Hello dear friends, 
I hope you enjoyed your weekend and are ready for a new weekfilled with creative hours. 

My Monday post this time, is using one of the white/greyboard tags, I really like working with.
It was painted with Chestnut Brown, mixed with White and a little Lime and when dry, I stenciled the robin using Potting Soil. Using a circle as mask over tag, covering the stenciled bird, I used the Bark tree stencil over the rest of the tag, I wanted my bird to live in a hole in the tree and this hole was created using the circle as mask!!


Next I painted the bird - same mix of colors as the tree and also created a shadowed edge inside the hole. When dry the bird and some places of the trunk was giving a layer of Crackle Glaze and left to dry.


Later I painted with shadowed White on the bird and with Teal over the
trunk and little crackles appeared whenr dry, as you can see. 


I left some places free of the teal paint, to create the tree trunk pattern I love.
One of Lynne`s lovely Affirmations was stamped onto a piece of scrap fabric, 
cut in two and adhered and the bird got a nest from nature findings and a tiny piece
of gauze. Also a branch to sit on, of course :-) The edges were run over with the black Archival and a piece of Sari silk added to the top hole.

This finished my nature tag, I hope you are not too tired of my birdie theme
because I love to create with them.

Hugs and love, Dorthe 

Material used:
From my stash: Nature remnants, tiny branch, gauze, fabric scraps already dyed, Sari Silk

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Beautiful Dorthe, love the natural feel and the textural background. Gorgeous. Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Tracy, -I`m so glad for your words to me. Hugs,- xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Melina, thank you so much dear friend.-
      Hugs, xx

      Delete
  3. Oh just look at that wee bird all snug in it's home, maybe nesting?? I love your neutral palette Dorthe to paint both tree and bird using those colours shows your are a master with that paint and his outer shadow really give a sense of depth. A beautiful piece of art.
    Creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tracey, you really make me blush, no doubt that you are the mater in painting- so I feel honored you saying such to me- Thank you my friend !!
      Big hugs, from me- xx

      Delete
  4. An absolutely beautiful tag Dorthe and love the clever way you made a hole in the tree bark to give your gorgeous bird a home. I never tire of your gorgeous bird themed creations and look forward to many more.
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I`m so glad you saying so, dear Fliss, I love bird stamps and stencils, and I look forward to the new bird stencil Laura has created, so there will be many more ,lol- thank you my friend-
      Hugs, Dorthe
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh Dorthe! This is so amazingly beautiful ! I adore it ! It is so much to my liking!
    I’m so awed by your artistic-ness!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than k you Susi, so much for your loving words, I`m so happy you like it .
      Hugs, Dorthe xo

      Delete
  6. Fantastic texture and marvelous color palette and design Dorthe! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Autumn , Hugs, xx
      Dorthe

      Delete
  7. Oh so fabulous Dorthe~ Soo creative and as always your textures take me straight to nature! I've been inspired : ) Thank you for sharing~ Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to inspire you dear Karen,- lovely with your visits, here , thank you , friend . Hugs from Dorthe, xoxo

      Delete
  8. So beautiful and full of bird song, what a wonderful snap shot of nature on a tag
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, thank you very much, makes me glad you like it !!!
      Hugs, Dorthe, x

      Delete
  9. Wow Dorthe Dear it looked like you stripped Somme bark from a tree to make this collage. Spring was near however today after raining all night it snowed! Your tag is lovely and it would be lovely to hear the birds singing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry, lol- a great stencil used :-)
      I wish for you, to soon hear the birds sing my friend !! Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  10. Love love love this sweet Dorthe and no I’ll never tire of seeing the magical way you create these awesome little birds
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear Donna,- you are such a lovely friend. Big Hugs from me to you- xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook