Stand Alone and Make it Count By Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone

I have an art journal double page spread in my Dylusions art journal to share with you today, and I've thrown everything at this one.............



Here's What I did:

The first layer of these pages is to just lay down colours of your choice in an haphazard way, add anything you want to it stencilling, stamping, flicks whatever you want as this will be what shows through on your masked figures.

Once you are happy with that lay the masked images over the top and with Cut & Dry Foam work around the masks with a paint colour of your choice, I've gone for a dark midnight colour. To make the group I taped the masked figures together before blending paint around them, the fiddliest bits were where a couple of them have separate heads. With the masks left in place I then continued to ad further stencilling.

To add the Stand Alone statement I stamped in white paint using Tim's foam alphabet stamps and then used them as my guide. You can see that I have added lots of doodling with a white paint pen. Shading on my images and letters has been added using scribble sticks and just blended using a damp finger. 





Just some close ups to show you how the layers have built up.

Lots of flicks of paint and torn washi tape pieces have also been added and then my words finished off by typing them out on my old typewriter. 

Here's what I Used:
Art Journal - I used Dylusions journal
Dina Wakley Stamps  -  Scribbled text Elements & Assorted Borders
Tim Holtz Layering Stencils -  THS102, THS006 & Splotches
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Paints - White, Night, Sky, Ocean
Cut & Dry Foam       
Tim Holtz Foam Alphabet - Lowercase Cut Out
Dylusions Paint Pens - Black & White
Washi Tape - Dina Wakley Sets
Old Typewriter

The thing about an art journal is that it is yours and you can do whatever you want in it, if you have never tried art journaling why not give it a go, anything goes!

See you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous , wonderful background and I love the silhouettes . Tracy ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It`s an amazing artpiece, Amanda-
    Gorgeous figures, with the dark blue around them, --and the lonely person and his power,- outside of their middle,- looking strong and believing in himself !!
    Fantastic !!!
    Hugs Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeously striking pages Amanda and an amazing amount of fabulous detail too. Love this!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you threw everything at this Amanda it's fabulous!! I feel de-stressed just looking at it. I've seen so many fabulous pieces of artwork using the silhouette stencil this has to be my fav so far and I love that white pen outline... True Dina Wakley style and loving it!!
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh so much to see and admire here CC, I love how you always make it look so effortless too
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fabulous - the layered silhouette figures look just fantastic, and all the dynamic colour and layering is amazing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook