Stencil Crazy by Nikki Acton

11:00







Hello! Stencils are one of my most used items and the Dinky range from That’s Crafty! are a permanent feature on my desk. These cards use three of them – 2 different sized circles and some squares (details below).

I took some card (9.5cm sq. to fit on a 10cm sq. card – 4’’). I started by swiping a little tinting base over part of the card in patches and then adding DecoArt Quinacridone Magenta in the spaces and blending a little. It didn’t matter too much as I would be adding more layers. Next I added PaperArtsy Fresco (Chalk) through the larger of the circle stencils, followed by Ultramarine through the grid and finally Hansa Yellow through the smaller circles. I used Cut and Dry Foam to add my paint – ensuring the sponge was not too wet and also heat dried between colours.

I stopped here for the first card but decided to keep going with the other – using the same paints and stencils but in a different order.

I stamped a Crazy Cat on each one, the stars from PaperArtsy ELB30 and a greeting from my stash. Finally I took the transparent Hansa Yellow again and painted the cats.

Some bright, fun cards for some fellow cat lovers!

See you next week.

Nikki


Supplies


That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils – Large Circles (TC018), Circles (TC003), Grid (TC015)
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Quinacridone Magenta, Ultramarine and Hansa Yellow

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Hi Nikki,
    You made wonderful use, of the stencils, and the result on the background is gorgeous. Also I love Mr. Crazy Cats transparent look,I wonder if there are more colors with a transparent characteristic ?
    They are really happy birthday cards !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're gorgeous Nikki. A fabulous stencil background for your 2 little kitties and the transparency looks amazing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great backgrounds with the dinkys, makes 2 fun cards
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way the transparency of the paint used on the cats allows the stenciled background to show through.. great cards Nikki.. Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, very dreamy
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki, great use of the stencils.
    The expression on the face of the cat is making me :)
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook