Mini Art with Rubber Dance by Nikki Acton

11:00







I have been on a couple of Kate Crane workshops over the last year and love her style of art. I decided to make some Kate style little hangings using Rubber Dance stamps and That’s Crafty! white/greyboard.

I began by painting the surface with a thin coat of white gesso. Once dry I used my brayer to build up layers of paint - different colours – never covering the previous layer entirely.  Next I took some That’s Crafty! Dinky stencils and Cut and Dry Foam and added additional colour – you can see the circles and stars on the pictures. There is also a little stamping on the surface, some black paint off the edge of credit card and gold paint using a bottle top.

I stamped the houses onto card stock before colouring them with Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks (add a little colour and use a water brush to move around). You may see a slightly mottled effect under the colour. The cardstock had been used to clean my brayer and so there was slight colour on it – I like the effect this gives. I cut out the houses and adhered to the surface.

The little quotes are computer generated. I finished with a little doodling with my white pen (very Kate Crane like!) and darkened the edges of the board before adding some wire to hang. (The holes were punched with a Crop-A-Dile).








See you next week.
Nikki


Supplies


That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils – Circles (TC003), Punchinella (TC023), Star Shower (TC037)

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Wow Nikki! These are a real feast for the eyes, such amazing detail and the most gorgeous colour. Love them!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh gorgeous, those little houses are my favourites too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so wonderful Nikki,
    The pink ones make me think of sweet houses, in gardens filled with roses and lilacs !! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nikki, both sets are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent pieces Nikki, I can understand completely why you love Kate's style. Full of colour and contrast.. Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fabulous Nikki, great backgrounds
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook