Running Away With Art by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


Hi there, I have another of my Hochanda samples to share today, this one showcasing some of the fabulous new texture stamps which I know are going to be my go to sets in the future as I so love making my own backgrounds – as you’ll see, they’re just perfect for that.






Ingredients:


That’s Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets – Textures Collection 1, Inspirational Quotes Set 2
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylics – Bubble Gum, Lavender, Lilac, Orchid, Pumpkin Soup
Ranger Archival Ink – Cactus Flower, Cobalt, Plum, Jet Black
Old Credit or Store Card


I added colour to my page using my current favourite method, which is to scrape the paint over the surface until it’s roughly covered. I used all of the colours and left some white showing to add to the grungy effect. I then added a few more scrapes in contrasting colours to make a line mark pattern.

I then began to add layers of stamping with the texture stamps, starting with the squiggly lines image, which I stamped with the Wild Orchid dye ink. I followed up with the screw heads and circular images which I stamped with the coloured Archival inks until I was happy with the effect.

I used the word stencil to add the text to the page using white gesso. The end result was not quite strong enough so I went over the top with the white paint pen, then doodled on circles with the white to add a bit of texture. I outlined the letters with a black fine marker.

I stamped the art quote on the panel with black ink, then added a little more texture stamping to pull everything together. The page is really easier to make than it might appear and it’s one where you just have to go with the flow!


We have a new challenge for you today over at That’s Crafty! Challenge Blog so don’t forget to check it out at 8am to see how you can win a great prize just for entering. 


Fliss x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow the colours are so vibrant and I just love that quote too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunner of a page that is a fabulous showcase for the new products
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook