Making Room For Growth by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


Hi there, I have a card to share this week, which came about as I decided that my favourite Dina Wakley lady deserved inking up. It was very easy to make too as I have a little stack of wipe off papers which I used to clean up my brayer.







Ingredients:


Archival Ink – Jet Black, Fern Green
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints – Pumpkin Soup, Granny Smith, Coral, Tango, Blush
Copy Paper
Card Blank


Recipe:


As mentioned above, the paper I used to make my card was a wipe off sheet as I always keep some copy paper nearby so that I can clean any leftover paint off the brayer before using another colour. The piece I used was largely orange but has little patches of green a deep pink.

I cut a piece of the painted paper to fit my card blank then stamped the main image on the right side at an angle – I always think this makes her look more interesting. I then coloured over the top of the original orange to make her pop a little against the paper. I used the Blush paint for her face and neck for better coverage and watercolour pencils for the rest.

I then stamped around the edges of the paper using the green and pink inks with the dot texture stamp and added the motivational text to finish before adding to the card blank.


We have a great new challenge today over at That’s Crafty! Challenge Blog so do check it out at 8am to find out how you can win a fab prize.

Have a great weekend and see you next week.


Fliss x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Those wipe off pages come in so useful, love that you've popped a Dina image on it, looks fab
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooo lovely, a really happy creation and a reminder to dig out Dina's fab stamps ;)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook