A Bit of Dina Play by Amanda Southern

00:00


Hi Everyone

It’s been ages since I have played with any Dina Wakley stamps, that is until today. I thought that one of those girls deserved an inking so I have a mixed media card for you.







Here’s what I did:-


I brayered several PaperArtsy paints onto thick white card and painted in some random shapes. I then doodled with a black fineliner pen around the shapes. I stamped the text shapes onto a piece of scrap paper I had used to clean the brayer on, cut it out and added it to my background. 

I then stencilled on with paint using a couple of Dinky stencils and one of Dina’s stencils. I then added thin torn strips of washi tape and made some paint marks using an old credit card.

I stamped my image onto white card, cut out and added to the piece. I then stamped on one of Dina’s sentiments. I felt it still needed a bit more contrast so I scraped some heavy white gesso through the Dinky stencil in a couple of places. I was happier with it now. I then mounted onto black card and onto a card blank.






Here’s What I Used:-


That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils – Quarter Circles & Punchinella
Dina Wakley Stamp Sets – Silhouetted Women & Handwritten Quotes
Old Credit Card
Card Blank

Hope you liked it and I will see you all next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Fabulous card Amanda, great use of the stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love that Amanda. All your elements masterfully pulled together as always. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous background layers - and I always love it when you work with those silhouettes.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of yummy layers ! Fantastic as usual Amanda !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Amanda and love all the painty and stencilled layers.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another arty triumph and I know I've said it before but this is more like wall hanging art!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook