It's a Tag Thing by Debs Wainwright

00:00


Hello everyone, Debs here with another Thursday project! This week I have a tag to share. I've been playing with die cuts and thought I'd use some on the tag. 






Here what I did


Using stencils with clear crackle paste I coated the tag, once completely dry I painted it with metallic paint in blues greens, gold and copper. I blended the colours so there were no stark edges.





While the tag was drying I found some of my die cuts (sorry cannot remember whose) and decided to use them as frames. I used a stencil and the paste again randomly over the frames to create texture and one dry painted two coats of paper rust.






I found some vintage photos to go in the frame, but chose to leave some blank. I was inspired by the room we had for our wedding, which was dark brown walls with empty guilt frames arranged artistically.

On one frame I added some lace and flower, I repeated the flower at the top for balance.






I didn't want to add words as I like to imagine who the people are, what's the connection, and why are there some missing. Of course you know I put empty frames but shhhhh, not everyone has to know.

Here's what I used


Prima Finnabair Art Alchemy Acrylic Paints in Gold Rush, Steampunk Copper, Emerald Green, Deep Waters, Pink Blush
Various Die Cuts

Take care everyone and I'll see you next week

Hugs Debs xx

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Those prima paints are lush, fab tag and nice it has such personal meaning for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag with lovely texture Debs and love all the detail on there.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that gorgeous rust effect
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fabulously grungy rusty frames - what a great tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag Debs! Love the background and those rusty frames! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook