Strength by Debs Wainwright

00:00


Hello everybody, I hope you have been able to enjoy the warmer weather if you have had some. I love Spring, with plants and trees coming to life with vigour, growing stronger everyday, and babies popping out all over; I loved looking at the lambs while on my recent holiday. 

My journal page is inspired in someways by the beautiful greens and yellows that are around everywhere, and the sentiment is a message about strength. 






Here's what I did


Using several complimentary colours and a silicon tool to create texture on my page. Dried the page and with the permanent ink and stencils built up the layers.






I continued laying the stencils until I had created the background using the same colour palette and set of stencils. Once dry, I took the end off a spray bottle containing white Acrylic spray and flicked the paint onto the page.






On top of the paint I started to stamp inspirational message from the stamp plate as well as my focal points which I stamped in black Ink.






To finish I added some crayons here and there to build on the intensity of colour, especially around the yellow and blue. I added a sentiment printed onto card and stuck in place.


What I used




I hope you have enjoyed today's post, I really enjoyed creating the page. I just love playing in my journal or on mixed media paper, and so this week  was great for me.

Take care as always

Hugs Debs xx 

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Great page....great colours and images together! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. So symbolic Debs - love the background. Makes me think that even with all the chaos around us and behind us and trying to stagnate us - WOMEN are STRONG and persevere! Powerful art work! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So symbolic Debs - love the background. Makes me think that even with all the chaos around us and behind us and trying to stagnate us - WOMEN are STRONG and persevere! Powerful art work! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Debs so much depth and texture and a great sentiment too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore the colour palette and a very striking journal page
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page Debs with Dina's women.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeously layered page Debs and love all that amazing detail.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debs, The feeling of strength is certainly captured on this page, not only with your use of the sentiment stamp but there is a real energy exuding from this page which undoubtedly speaks of strength.
    Fabulous!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook