Spring Tag by Debs Wainwright

00:00



Hello crafty friends, today I'm sharing a small tag, which I created with Spring on my mind, or longing for it at least. I'm so looking forward to the warming sight of spring bulbs pushing up through soil, stretching out tiny leaves to cling to the shiny ball in the sky. So to remind myself I created this little tag. You can see from the shadows that the sun popped out while the photo was being taken.







Here's what I did


Apply green chalk acrylic to grey/white board #8 tag and once dry apply a thin coat of crackle glaze. On top of glaze, apply a thin coat of white acrylic and dry with heat too.

Using watercolour paint applied lightly to stamp, place randomly on tag, leaving feint marks to blend into background. Stamp flower and colour in with watercolour paint.







Using tiny flower stamp and other watercolour paint in pink and yellow stamp more flowers. Dry with heat tool.

Stick some lace ribbon around tag, and add flower and embellishment. Add a pearl. My simple sentiment was perfect for what to me was a simple, uncomplicated tag.






What I used


Lace from stash
Ecoline Water colours


I enjoyed making this tag and using lighter softer colours for a change. Maybe it's because Spring is just peeping round the corner.

Take care everyone and I'll see you soon

Debs xx

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Very pretty tag lovely layering

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I think I can hear bees buzzing. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning background. Love the skeleton flowers behind the "real" one. Lovely colors - beautiful tag. XX j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag, love the subtle background
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Debs and love the crackle texture in the background.
    Hope you get some bulbs up soon, I've got daffodils blooming at the moment which popped up a few days back :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag and that's my favourite Tim flower too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! Love that crackle! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook